Friday, February 24, 2012

A New LTL City

I've finally started on a project that I have been wanting to do for a couple of years now.  After acquiring some Mech Warrior type stuff I decided that the first thing to do is get the scenery down.  One of these days I will get off my horrible work schedule and start the bat reps again, and that means the terrain needs to be spiff.
I Googled for these puppies and found some good links to some nice little building pdf files that several guys have generously made available.  They are roughly 6mm scale and look quite nice.  Best of all, they are small, don't take a lot of room, and are easy to build.  What else could you ask for?
When Herrodadog comes back from his work trip we plan to pit my alien mech cultures against his modern microarmor and see if they can save the Earth!
Here is my work station with the only necessary materials.  Ruler, blade, markers, and glue.  Oh, and a cutting mat is really nice as well.

With the crazy cost of resin buildings, and the fact that I can't paint buildings worth a damn, this is a no brainer solution for me.

All the buildings and road pieces in these pictures took me about 3 hours to print, cut out, and build.  I can't even imagine what this would have cost in resin, and how long it would have taken.  So if you need small scale terrain, once again, paper to the rescue.

No comments:

Post a Comment